CIGNA HealthCare has hired David Guilmette to be president of the national segment.
Guilmette previously was a managing director in the global health and welfare practice at Towers Watson Inc., New York, according to CIGNA HealthCare, Bloomfield, Conn., a unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, (NYSE:CI)
Guilmette has a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of Chicago. He serves on the board of the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Washington.
CIGNA HealthCare also has named Julia Huggins president for the Mid-Atlantic market, which includes Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia. Huggins previously was a senior vice president for sales and customer service in the Mid-Atlantic market.
Huggins has a bachelor's degree in biology and chemistry from Saint Joseph's College.
In other personnel news:
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany, has hired Ross Bowen to be vice president of profitability management.
Bowen previously was vice president of risk and value management at Phoenix Wealth Management, a unit of Phoenix Companies Inc., Hartford (NYSE:PNX).
Bowen has a bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia and a master's degree in business from Carnegie Mellon University. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries and holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.
Allianz Life also has expanded its marketing team. The company has hired Beth Miller to be director of brand management; Rick Gibson, creative director; and Chris DuBois, senior director of Web strategy and operations.
- Transamerica Retirement Services, Los Angeles, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands, has hired Denise Diana to be vice president of business development.
Diana previously was director of sales effectiveness at Charles Schwab & Company Inc., San Francisco (
Diana has a bachelor's degree in marketing from Bryant University.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Tanya Rinebarger to be communications consultant for its 401(k) business.
Rinebarger previously was the assistant vice president of marketing for the annuity and insurance business at Transamerica Capital Inc., Denver, a unit of AEGON.
Rinebarger has a bachelor's degree in communications management from Trinity University and a master's degree in sports management from Georgia Southern University.
Great-West Retirement has hired Ryan Derbes to be regional sales director for west Florida, the Florida Panhandle and southern Alabama.
Derbes, who is based in Tampa, Fla., previously was the regional vice president for north and central Florida and southern Louisiana for a U.S. arm of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam.
Derbes has a bachelor's degree in finance from the University of Southern Mississippi and a master's degree in business from the University of Tampa.
- StanCorp Equities Inc., a unit of StanCorp Financial Group Inc., Portland, Ore. (NYSE:SFG) has hired Jim McCrory to be the regional pension manager for the Southeast.
McCrory previously was the eastern divisional sales manager for Lincoln Financial Distributors, a unit of Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa. (NYSE:LNC)
- Wells Fargo Insurance Services, a unit of Wells Fargo and Company, San Francisco, (NYSE:WFC) has hired Edward Cha to be insurance practice leader.
Cha previously was a client management partner and an international consultant at Mercer, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., New York (NYSE:MMC).
Cha received has a bachelor's degree in mathematics and a master's degree in applied mathematics from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has promoted 6 information technology and operations executives. The company has promoted Scott Klus, Jeff Borton, Dean Hosfield and Muhammad Shami to vice president in IT. The company also has promoted Bob Hajdu to vice president in operations, and it has promoted Diahn McHenry to assistant vice president in operations.
- Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Chicago, a unit of Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind. (NYSE:CNO) has promoted Bruce Jordan to Northeast territory vice president.vJordon has been the company's regional director in the Northeast territory. He has a bachelor's degree in business from the University of New Hampshire.
- Financial Research Corp., Boston, has named Larry Petrone vice president and director of research, and it has named Stoddard Rowley senior vice president, sales.
Petrone previously was the investment research director at FRC. He Petronehas a bachelor's degree from Gordon College and a master's degree in business from Boston College. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation.
Rowley previously was vice president of sales at Blue Frog Solutions Inc., Pompano Beach, Fla. He has a bachelor's degree in management from Hartwick College.
- Weiser L.L.P., New York, a law firm, has signed 3 new partners: Michael Flagiello, Wayne Locke and Alex Unterkoefler.
The new Weiser partners will create a financial services consulting group that will serve insurance and reinsurance companies, brokers, banks, and other financial institutions, Weiser says.