The signing of H.R. 3590, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act bill, and PPACA's sister, H.R. 4872, the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act bill, may put the country on a regulatory journey that will last for decades.
Federal regulators are still trying to implement parts of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, a much simpler act, and the bill that created HIPAA was signed in 1996.
To help you start your PPACA/HCERA background file, here is listing of some of the articles we have run about the legislation in the past few months, along with a listing of other PPACA and HCERA resources.
NATIONAL UNDERWRITER HEALTH BILL COVERAGE
HEALTH BILL CONTENTS
- House Sends H.R. 4872 - The PPACA Fixer Bill - To Obama
- Senate Health Bill Amendment Hard On Doctors, Tanning Centers
- Reid Lugs Out Senate Health Bill
- H.R. 3962 - The House Health Bill - Weighs In At 1,990 Pages
- Baucus Puts Bill In Play
- Baucus Unveils Coop Draft
MINIMUM MEDICAL LOSS RATIO REQUIREMENTS
COST OF COVERAGE
- Obama Asks For Federal Health Rate Approval Authority
- CBO Analyzes Cost Of Bronze Plans
- CAHI: Reid Bill Premiums Would Be Higher Than CBO Says
- CBO Combs Through H.R. 3962
- Baucus Bill Not Cheap For Middle-Income Families: CBO
- Health Age Band May Narrow
CLASS ACT - LONG TERM CARE PROVISIONS
- LTC Experts: The Health Bills Affect Us
- HELP Aide: CLASS Could Create LTC Supplement Market
- ACLI: Study Shows CLASS Act Won't Work
- ACLI: CLASS Act Still Unsound
- CMS Actuary: CLASS Act Would Not Work
- Insurance Groups Blast Annuity Income Tax
THE SCOTT BROWN EFFECT
- The Brown Effect: Will The House Just Pass The Senate Health Bill?
- Mass. Senate Race Changes Health Bill Picture
- Health Bill Fight May Delay State Of The Union Address
- A guide to H.R. 3590/H.R. 4872 implementation prepared by the staff of the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.
- Links to the text of H.R. 4872, the text of the amendments, the legislative history and other official documents are available here.
- Links to the text of H.R. 3590, the text of the amendments, the legislative history and other official documents are available here.