The holidays are behind us and if you are like most people, shaping up your personal and professional life are on the forefront of your mind. Here are five things you can do to shape up your marketing this year.
1. Update content. Review your website and marketing collateral to ensure the information is accurate. More likely than not, you will find at least some of the information is out of date or incorrect. You will also find you have made advancements in your business that you would now like to showcase.
2. Create supplemental collateral. Identify missing marketing pieces. You may have a brochure, but do you have specific information about the unique services you offer? A few supplemental marketing pieces can make a huge difference in the effectiveness of your communication this year.
3. Take a new headshot. If it has been more than five years, or if your physical appearance has significantly changed, it is time to book a photographer. Accurate headshots are important elements to include in staff bios on the website, in directories and on social media profiles. Don't mislead prospects and centers of influence with an out-of-date photo.
4. Update your database. A good place to start is by looking over your e-mail marketing reports for addresses that have bounced in previous campaigns. Contact these people for the correct contact information. To clean your mailing list, send a first-class letter to your database of contacts with "Return Service Requested" on the envelope, so you can identify which addresses are no longer valid.
5. Identify key relationships. Review your database, business cards and LinkedIn connections to identify key relationships you would like to strengthen this year. Then, create a calendar detailing when and how you are going to contact each of them throughout the year. For example, you may want to make a call this month, invite them to a wine tasting event in April, send a check-in e-mail in July, and invite them to dinner and a concert in October.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
Kristen Luke is the principal of Wealth Management Marketing, a firm dedicated to providing marketing strategies and support for registered investment advisory firms. Kristen works with individual advisors and firms to develop effective marketing plans and her firm provides the back office support required to implement the strategies. For more information, visit www.wealthmanagementmarketing.net.