For many financial advisors, LinkedIn remains the preferred social-networking platform. Recently, the site reached a milestone: 150 million users—a huge accomplishment and a huge opportunity.
If you haven’t already done so, now is the time to optimize your profile for search engine visibility to ensure you can be found. LinkedIn ranks highly in search engines such as Google or Bing and may be the first thing prospects see when they search for you.
Take steps today to increase your visibility. If you take the time to optimize your LinkedIn profile, you can use it to drive traffic to your company website. You can also link your company site to your employees’ profiles and increase your ranking even further.
How to optimize your profile:
- Add relevant keywords to your profile and provide as much information as possible.
- Create a unique URL for your public profile and make sure it’s set to display all your profile information to maximize visibility to search engines.
- Customize the anchor text with links back to your professional websites (blog, company site, etc.).
- Add skills, publications and certifications.
- Answer questions on LinkedIn Answers. This will increase the number of links back to your profile.
In today’s wired world, you need to do everything you can to be found. Follow these simple steps to ensure that search engines—and prospects—can find you.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
Loic Jeanjean is the Online Marketing Manager at Advisor Websites where he helps financial services professionals grow their market share by leveraging online marketing and social media. Go to www.advisorwebsites.com/blog for more information.