UPDATE: Nevada Insurance Commissioner Scott Kipper is the newest member of the FIO advisors group, replacing Teresa Miller.
Hark! The first meeting of the Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance (FACI) has been scheduled at the U.S.Treasury Department, even as industry participants, consumer groups, state regulators and perhaps Congress anxiously await the report to Congress from Treasury’s Federal Office of Insurance (FIO.)
Regulatory members include:
- Benjamin Lawsky, New York superintendent of Financial Services
- Thomas Leonardi, Connecticut commissioner
- Michael Consedine, Pennsylvania commissioner
- Jacqueline Cunningham, Virginia commissioner
- Bill White, District of Columbia commissioner
- Monica Lindeen, Montana Commissioner of Securities and Insurance and State Auditor Theresa Miller, former administrator of the Oregon Insurance Division had been named, but she is now with the Department of Health and Human Services, helping coordinate health care reform implement with the states. It is unclear if she has been replaced.
Industry representatives include: