Email marketing isn’t glamorous or cutting edge, but it is still one of the best ways to reach out to clients. It is also inexpensive. Any insurance agent with an electronic address book can start email marketing today and can continue throughout the year for practically nothing. Furthermore, the demographics of email marketing make this one of the sweet spots for insurance agents. Here is a look at why most big brand name companies haven’t abandoned email — and why you shouldn’t either.
Here are a few tips for composing email:
- Offer industry information that is important to each group of clients. For example, “Congress Weighs Changes to Medicare Funding,” should be sent to older clients, while “5 Ways to Save Money on Your Insurance Premiums,” could be sent to anyone nearing policy renewal.
- Send out amusing information. Nothing is more appreciated than a good laugh. Insurance does not always need to be serious!
- Send out promotional offers that are relevant to your client list.
- Send out short PR announcements; for example, “ABC Insurance has recently added Dr. Doyle to our staff to help answer all of your health insurance questions.”
- Do not send out useless, long or directly promotional emails.
- Always include a signature with additional contact information.
- Send email regularly, but not too often.
Convinced yet? As a businessperson, email is one of your most useful marketing tools, and it’s how your clients want to be contacted. Implement these tips and see what a difference they make in your practice.