Which one of the following phrases do you usually find yourself saying in a first meeting with a prospective client?
- “Let me tell you about my firm.”
- “How may I serve you today?”
- “ What would you like to accomplish in our time together today?”
- “Tell me about your goals and concerns.”
- “ Here’s a great product with guaranteed income that grows at X percent.”
You have probably already noticed that the first and last phrase stand out from the others. They put the focus on the advisor’s agenda. The other questions put the focus squarely on the prospective client’s agenda.