You’ve probably heard of the seven deadly sins, but to refresh your memory, they are:
In business, there are five deadly sins, and they are failing to:
- List your business and personal goals for the year
- Estimate the time required for each
- Prioritize them for action
- Schedule them
- Schedule your holidays
Failing to manage your business and personal projects and time breeds:
- Wrath: You have too much to do.
- Greed: You don’t have enough time.
- Sloth: You will never get it all done.
- Pride: Your tasks are not that important.
- Lust: You will get started as soon as you acquire a ________ (the next big thing).
- Envy: Everyone else seems to have a lot more time.
- Gluttony: You try to do too many things at once.
Save yourself from committing these sins with thorough planning.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
Simon Reilly of Leading Advisor Inc. is a financial advisor coach, speaker and writer. Simon writes a daily blog and can be reached at www.leadingadvisor.com/blog.