Nationwide Financial reports that it has added 10 new guidance models and two new fund options sub-advised by Loring Ward to its America’s marketFLEX series of variable annuities products.
The upgrades combines the protection of a variable annuity with the risk management and diversification provided by extended investment options, including alternative investments. The new guidance models, Nationwide Guided Portfolio Strategies (GPS), incorporate 10 pre-packaged options focused on alternative investments.
The GPS models are anchored around actively managed Cardinal funds. The addition of two funds sub-advised by Loring Ward (LWI Financial Inc., San Jose, Calif.) expands on existing marketFLEX investment options, including 18 fund families. The product enhancements apply to both America's marketFLEX Advisor Variable Annuity (for fee-based advisors) and America's marketFLEX II Variable Annuity (for commission-based advisors).
The National Association for Fixed Annuities has appointed Jeff Mose as the association's vice president for development and education, according to a NAFA press statement issued Tuesday.
Mose’s responsibilities at NAFA will include focusing on education for annuity professionals and increasing the associate membership of annuity advisors, agents and brokers.
Mose earned his insurance license in 2002 and has been a fixed annuity professional since that time. According to NAFA, Mose launched an insurance agency in 2009 and was consistently nominated to the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT).
Prior to entering the insurance industry, Mose worked in broadcasting, followed by an entrepreneurial endeavor co-founding a company that currently provides Internet security for data networks throughout the world. He also served in the United States Navy and Reserves.
Mose holds a master's degree from Syracuse University and a bachelor's degree in mass communication, graduating cum laude from Towson University in Maryland.
Curian Capital, LLC, a Denver-based asset management company, has launched a new suite of managed accounts.
Dubbed Select Portfolios, the managed accounts let financial professionals create a custom investment plan based on the client’s risk tolerance and investment objectives. The six strategies available in the Curian Select Portfolios include:
● Diversified Income—designed to help conservative investors generate a stream of income through diversified investments;
● Multi-Strategy Income—designed for moderately conservative investors seeking to generate a competitive stream of income through allocations to stocks, bonds and alternative investments;
● Equity Income—designed for investors seeking a moderate amount of risk, with an emphasis on U.S. and international dividend-paying equities;
● Multi-Strategy Growth—designed for investors seeking moderate growth, with an emphasis on equity investments, bonds and alternatives;
● Global Growth—designed for long-term growth investors seeking exposure to diversified equity investments with a modest bond and global allocation; and
● Global Maximum Growth—designed to offer the potential for maximum long-term growth, focusing on higher-growth markets and asset managers.